Below is the repertoire for EOIVC 2020. The application process for EOIVC 2020 is now closed. We have received submissions from individuals that represent 18 countries. Those violinists that advance to the quarter finals will be notified via email the week of December 2, 2019.
All those who advance to the quarter final rounds will be offered: a travel stipend (up to $150 for domestic air/train travel and up to $300 for international air travel); housing (via an EOIVC Host Family); and a transportation voucher, distributed to EOIVC competitors at check in, on January 13, for each round, to be used with a pre-approved rideshare company. All quarter finalists must be present at EOIVC check in for the competition (4:00 p.m. January 13, 2020) to be eligible for reimbursement.
1. J.S. Bach — One of the following movements from one of unaccompanied Sonatas and Partitas:
- Sonata No. 1 in G minor, Fuga, BMV 1001
- Sonata No. 2 in A minor, Fuga, BMV 1003
- Sonata No. 3 in C major, Fuga, BMV 1005
- Partita No. 2 in D minor, Chaconne, BMV 1004
2. L.V. Beethoven — Sonata for Violin and Piano, No. 10, Op. 96
3. Christopher Theofanidis — EOIVC Commissioned Work for Unaccompanied Violin
4. N. Paganini — Caprice for Solo Violin, Op. 1, No. 5
5. Virtuoso piece of choice (can be the same as the piece from the Application Round)
*Competitors that advance to the quarter final round will be mailed a PDF of the new unaccompanied work commissioned by the Elmar Oliveira International Violin Competition the week of December 9, 2019.