Below is the repertoire for the EOIVC 2020 Quarter Final Round.
All those who advance to the quarter final rounds will be offered: a travel stipend (up to $150 for domestic air/train travel and up to $300 for international air travel); housing (via an EOIVC Host Family); and a transportation voucher, distributed to EOIVC competitors at check in, on January 13, for each round, to be used with a pre-approved rideshare company. All quarter finalists must be present at EOIVC check in for the competition (4:00 p.m. January 13, 2020) to be eligible for reimbursement.
1. J.S. Bach — One of the following movements from one of unaccompanied Sonatas and Partitas:
- Sonata No. 1 in G minor, Fuga, BMV 1001
- Sonata No. 2 in A minor, Fuga, BMV 1003
- Sonata No. 3 in C major, Fuga, BMV 1005
- Partita No. 2 in D minor, Chaconne, BMV 1004
2. L.V. Beethoven — Sonata for Violin and Piano, No. 10, Op. 96
3. Christopher Theofanidis — EOIVC Commissioned Work for Unaccompanied Violin
4. N. Paganini — Caprice for Solo Violin, Op. 1, No. 5
5. Virtuoso piece of choice (can be the same as the piece from the Application Round)
*Competitors that advance to the quarter final round will be mailed a PDF of the new unaccompanied work commissioned by the Elmar Oliveira International Violin Competition the week of December 9, 2019.