Below is the repertoire for EOIVC 2020. The application process for EOIVC 2020 is now closed. We have received submissions from individuals that represent 18 countries. Those violinists that advance to the quarter finals will be notified via email the week of December 2, 2019.
Application Round (Now Closed)
All individuals who wish to be considered for entry into the EOIVC must be 16 years of age at the time of their submission to the competition, and may not be more than 32 years of age by the conclusion of the competition, 11:59 p.m. (EST) on January 26, 2020. Individuals must complete the EOIVC entry form, found here, and must supply a legible copy of a valid passport, $125 entry fee and the required repertoire via YouTube/Video link, as well as signed Rules and Regulations, Conflict of Interest Disclosure Form (as it applies to the Application Round) and the EOIVC Media Release by the submission deadline, 11:59 p.m. (EST) September 27, 2019, for consideration. All incomplete entry forms (which includes the signing of pertinent documents described above) and incomplete repertoire submissions, or completed submissions without entry fee will not be considered. The $125 entry fee is nonrefundable nor transferable.
1. J.S. Bach — Two (2) contrasting movements from one of the following:
- Sonata No. 1 in G minor, BMV 1001
- Partita No. 1 in B minor, BMV 1002
- Sonata No. 2 in A minor, BMV 1003
- Partita No. 2 in D minor, BMV 1004
- Sonata No. 3 in C major, BMV 1005
- Partita No. 3 in E major, BMV 1006
- Chaconne from Partita No. 2 in D minor, BMV 1004
2. W.A. Mozart — Violin Concerto No. 3 in G major, K. 216, First movement only with Cadenza.
Optional — You may perform your own cadenza.
3. N. Paganini — Caprice for Solo Violin, Op. 1, No. 24
4. Virtuoso piece of choice — with or without piano